Wrought iron material is preferred for building fences, railings, or outdoor furniture. There are many reasons that state the importance behind using it for most of the metalwork. Below are a few reasons that proves why wrought iron is so popular-
- Durable and good tensile strength- This is the prime benefit of wrought iron. Metalwork done by this material never breaks or bends.
- Malleable and ductile- The flexibility feature of this material helps designers create unique patterns and shapes which gives an attractive look to the property.
- Resistant to shock and vibration-The iron material used for building gate or railing is resistant to shock and vibration, so there is no fear of injury or accidental electrocution.
- Resistant to rust- As compared to other materials such as cast iron or mild steel, it is resistant to rust because these have low carbon content in it. This is the reason why it is commonly used for outdoor uses like building gates, fences, or outdoor furniture.
- Weather resistant- These are suitable for all weather conditions. In comparison to wooden gates that cannot be installed in locations where rain occurs frequently, wrought iron gates can be installed easily.
- Economic benefit- As compared to other materials that require being sealed or painted to keep its texture new as before, with wrought iron there is no such issue. Hence, it is economically beneficial as for upgrading the beauty of such gates, only paint is required to apply.
- Decorative purpose- Many architectures use wrought iron material because various attractive designs can be made of it. The myriad designs available can lend a very attractive look to the house.
- Restrict unauthorized access- It protects house, office, and other property because intruders find it difficult while crossing pin shape designed iron gates.
- Easy Maintenance- No special maintenance is required. Dirt and dust can be easily removed from gates made of wrought iron.